Monday 10 October 2011

Michael Forever Tribute Concert

On Saturday, 8th October 2011, a few artists and Michael Jackson's family gathered together to pay tribute to the late King of Pop. The performers who attended the tribute concert include Leona Lewis, Christina Aguilera, Ne-Yo, Cee Lo Green, Jamie Foxx, Beyonce and more.


The performers each performed wonderful songs from across MJ's career. Christina had performed "Dirty Diana" and "Smile" on the show. I think MJ would be very proud of the performers. Each of them did wonderful jobs in performing the songs. Apparently, the stage shaped like a giant glove. I can see, MJ is nodding ans smiling from up there. Judging by the noise of the crowd, I'm sure most of the audience were enjoying themselves. Reminiscing over MJ's songs from throughout his career. I would have attend the concert as well if I do not have fly 10600 miles to UK.


Unfortunately, Black Eye Peas and Jennifer Hudson had pulled out of the concert. Black Eye Peas had released statement that they would not be able to attend the tribute concert due to 'unavoidable circumstances'. On the other hands, rumors had it Jennifer Hudson pulled out 11 hours before the concert because she was frustrated with the organizers of the show. Also, MJ's siblings, Jermain, Randy and Janet were absent from the show because they thought it would be inappropriate to hold the show during the manslaughter trial of Dr.Conrad Murray.



MJ's children, Prince, Paris and Blanket made it to the stage to thank the audiences. I'm sure MJ is very proud of his children.



Most of us grew up listening to MJ's songs. Even though he had passed away, I still listen to his songs every now and then. He's irreplaceable in most of our hearts. However, I do not get the point of organizing the show on 8th October. It's neither MJ's birthday nor death anniversary. For those who knows the reason behind it, please do share!! I have a feeling, they're doing the concert to suck it out more money from the fans. *Ooops*




#my favourite song#

May Michael Jackson R.I.P.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment