Sunday 9 October 2011

Japanese Music ヘ(゚∀゚ヘ) 

Hey Guys =D

so leaving of from my last post (if you guys remember), I talked about the Korean pop wave also known as the Hallyu wave to some people.
I think for this post I will stick to a similar trend and introduce everyone to different music trends not only in Asia but also most places around the world.

For this post, the topic will be on Jpop and Jrock. If you all have not guessed it yet the J stands for Japanese.

Like Kpop, Jpop and Jrock have been very popular in Asia and other places around the world. My intention for this post is to promote and get more people interested in Jpop and Jrock.


I shall start my post with one of my personal favourite Japanese pop song called First love by Utada Hikaru.





That was the Japanese version. For all those gamers out there, you may have heard of her before. Utada Hikaru is Japanese but was born in America, she is well known for the songs contributions to Square Enix and Disney’s joint game series called Kingdom Hearts.

The instruments used in first love gives the song a mellow feel. It’s a meaningful, melodic song that just makes you want to keep listening over and over again. For those people who don’t understand Japanese there is an English version of the song, I defiantly would recommend this song for those people who enjoy listening to slow melodic yet meaningful song. The good thing about listening to Utada Hikaru is that some of her songs which she sings in Japanese can be found in English.
Here is the English version of the song:




Moving away from the pop genre, I want to show the rock lovers out there that Japan can defiantly rock!!! I reckon that Jrock is probably better known then Jpop.

I’ve realised that most of the Jrock songs give off a gothic feel, they use the usual instruments such as Drums, Electric guitar and Bass…is there any other instruments missing in rock? (I’m a noob when it comes with the rock genre) haha
To show what I mean here is an example of gazette’s song called Guren




Then again NOT all the Japanese rock gives off the gothic feel. Here is an example of Sid’s song called Natsu Koi (summer love)




Although this song is rock, the up beat vibe of the song gives off more of a pop vibe, I guess you can say that this song is Pop rock. ^^

In my personal opinion the pop genre in Japan is not as widely known outside the world, not much as Kpop but the genre does have a lot of followers around the world. I personally like Jrock more then I like Jpop simply because the songs are more meaningful in my opinion. What do you guys think? :D





Well guys this is the end of me trying to expand your music horizon.

Hoped that wasn’t too painful :P
Peace

Ann <3

No comments:

Post a Comment